All boats need a cover, and all boat covers need a support system. Without a support system, your boat cover will droop under the weight of rain, snow, or debris and mold or mildew. You want to protect your investment, not invest in something that will become another problem. Ensuring you have a good boat cover support system will make your investment in your boat and boat cover worth it.
WHICH BOAT COVER SUPPORT SYSTEM IS RIGHT FOR YOUR BOAT?
There are several boat cover support systems available on the market, each with their own unique features and benefits. When choosing the best support system for your boat, it is important to consider the size and type of your boat, as well as your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include boat cover support poles, Hangtyte™, and bow slats. Boat cover poles are an effective way to support your cover, but require you to crawl under your boat cover. Hangtyte™ offers a unique, easy to use support system for boats with overhead structures. Bow slats are designed to fit into the contours of your boat's bow, allowing them to hold the cover in place more effectively and reducing the risk of it coming loose or blowing off. Ultimately, the best boat cover support system for you will depend on your individual circumstances and needs.
The use of support poles best suited for boats that have a relatively flat and even surface, such as pontoon boats, deck boats, and bass boats. These types of covers typically consist of a fabric cover that is stretched over the boat and held in place by snaps, an elastic stretch cord, or rope going around the perimeter of the boat. The support poles are then placed at the lowest points in the boat cover to prevent water pooling.
Boat cover support poles can be used to provide additional support to any boat cover. It is important to ensure you have enough support poles to provide adequate support for your boat cover.
|Adjustability to fit different boat sizes and shapes||Crawling under the boat cover to put them in and take them out|
|Flexibility in positioning||May not provide as much stability as other support systems|
|Can be used in conjunction with straps for added stability||They can make it difficult to access certain areas of the boat while they are in use|
If your boat has a tower or overhead structure, then the Hangtyte is a great option for you. The Hangtyte boat cover support system is a product that is designed to support and stabilize boat covers while they are being used to protect a boat. Some of the benefits of using the Hangtyte system include:
- Improved stability: The Hangtyte system uses a ratchet rope system looped over an overhead structure to distribute the weight of the cover evenly across the boat, helping to prevent the cover from sagging or shifting while it is in use.
- Reduced stress on the cover: By supporting the cover from overhead, the Hangtyte system helps to reduce stress on the cover, which can help to prevent tearing or damage to the cover over time.
- Easy to use: The Hangtyte system is easy to install and requires no special tools or equipment. It can be quickly and easily adjusted to fit boats of different sizes and shapes. With Hangtyte, there is no hassle of crawling under your boat's cover!
- Lightweight and portable: The Hangtyte system is lightweight and compact, making it easy to transport and store when not in use.
Overall, the Hangtyte boat cover support system can be a useful tool for anyone who needs to use a boat cover to protect their boat with a tower or overhead structure. It can help to improve the stability and security of the cover while it is in use, while also helping to protect the boat from the elements.
|No crawling under your boat cover||Only works with an overhead structure|
|Reduced stress on your boat cover||It is a permanent installation and you have to create a hole in your cover to install|
|More stable than other support system options|
3. BOW SLATS
Bow slats span from port to starboard and help support your boat cover from underneath. While this system works well, it is not favored because you have to store the bow slats when your boat is in use. They are usually made out of fiberglass or wood, but fiberglass is the recommended material if you are going to go with this method.
A bow slat boat cover support system can provide several benefits to boat owners. One of the main benefits is improved stability. The support system helps to keep the boat cover in place, preventing it from sagging or collapsing in the middle. This can be particularly important in windy conditions or when the boat is parked on an incline. Another benefit of a bow slat support system is protection from water and moisture. The additional layer of protection provided by the support system can help to keep the boat dry, reducing the risk of mold and mildew formation.
|Improved stability||Storage for them when not in use|
|Protection from water and moisture||Difficult to set up|
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN STORING YOUR BOAT
When you're ready to store your boat, it's important that you do it the right way. Here are a few things to consider when storing your boat:
- Location: Choose a location for your boat that is protected from the elements and has enough space for the boat to fit comfortably. It is also a good idea to choose a location that is easily accessible and close to your home or a main transportation route.
- Support: Make sure that your boat is properly supported while it is in storage. This can help to prevent the hull from sagging or distorting over time. If you are storing your boat on a trailer, make sure that the trailer is level and that the tires are properly inflated. If you are storing your boat in a boat lift, make sure that the lift is sturdy and can support the weight of your boat.
- Cleaning: Before you put your boat into storage, it is a good idea to give it a thorough cleaning to remove any dirt, grime, or saltwater residue. This will help to prevent the buildup of mold or mildew and will make it easier to clean the boat when you take it out of storage.
- Maintenance: Before you put your boat into storage, it is a good idea to perform any necessary maintenance tasks, such as changing the oil, checking the fuel system, and inspecting the hull for damage. This will help to ensure that your boat is in good condition when you take it out of storage and will help to prevent any problems from arising while the boat is in storage.
- Protection: Consider using a boat cover or a shrink wrap to protect your boat while it is in storage. This will help to prevent damage from the elements and will keep your boat clean and dry. It is also important to ensure your cover has vents and a support system. Vents can be pre-installed or bought in the aftermarket, but it is best to go with a boat cover where the vents are pre-installed. Vents help prevent moisture buildup and prevent your boat and boat cover from forming mold or mildew. Ventilation also helps ensure the temperature of your boat that is under the cover is consistent.
- Security: If you are storing your boat in a public storage facility or on your property, make sure to take steps to secure your boat from theft or vandalism. This can include installing a security system or using a lock or chain to secure the boat to a stationary object.
It's important to choose a boat cover support system that is strong enough to hold the cover in place and withstand wind and other weather conditions. It's also important to choose a system that is easy to use and can be adjusted to fit the specific size and shape of your boat. If you're ready to invest in a boat cover support system, check out Westland's selection of top notch boat cover support accessories.