Extend The Shade™ can easily be repositioned to cover your rear seating area or moved to the front too allow for fishing and other water sport activities. Poles install directly into standard rod holders and straps attach to T-top frame. This simple set up allows for one person to quickly install and take down with no assistance necessary. Built with a stretchable main body Extend The Shade is rated on the water for speeds up to 45mph in its standard aft position. This shade is only intended to be used on the water and should be taken down after each use and stowed before towing. Extend The Shade is available in four sizes giving it the ability to cover a wide range of T-top style boats with rear beams up to 10'6" wide.Extend The Shade Fabric is made with:
- Brush off dirt immediately. Allowing it to remain on the cover can result in it getting more deeply embedded into the fabric. Dirt is an organic matter and can provide a habitat for mold and mildew spores to grow.
- Periodically hose down your cover. Rain water can provide rinsing action but often can be a carrier for organic matter as well.
- WeatherMAX 3D is treated with a durable water repellent when it is manufactured. This finish is designed to last for several years but the life span of the repellent can be diminished from several factors such as abrasion, cleaning, chemicals and other atmospheric pollutants. Periodically check to see how well water beads on the fabric. If water drops do not bead but instead flatten and possible soak into the fabric, it is time to retreat the fabric.
WeatherMAX 3D Fabrics may be spot washed by using a soapy solution of a mild detergent and lukewarm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove soap and allow to air dry. For mildew stains, prepare a solution of one (1) cup of bleach plus (1/2) cup of mild detergent per gallon of water. Spray on the entire area and allow soaking. Rinse with clean water and allow to air dry
- Be sure to fully rinse the bleach off the fabric.
- Protect non-WeatherMAX 3D areas such as sewing thread and reinforcements so the bleach does not come in contact as it may be deteriorate non-WeatherMAX 3D components. After cleaning, check the water repellency of the fabric to see if retreatment might be required.
Retreating WeatherMAX 3D
There are several well designed and effective aftermarket water repellent treatments available that work well with WeatherMAX 3D. Follow the directions of the manufacturer.
- Starbrite Waterproofing with PTEF (best overall)
- Formula 303 Fabric Guard (excellent performance but might darken some colors and show folding lines)
- Rust-Oleum NeverWet Outdoor Fabric Spray
- Marlen Aqua-tite
- Kiwi Heavy Duty Water Repellent
Shipping: Please allow about 5-10 business days for delivery. For delivery to Alaska or Hawaii, please allow 10-15 days for delivery. For delivery to PO Boxes in Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories and APO/FPO addresses, allow three weeks for delivery.
Backorders: All backordered items will be shipped via Standard Delivery service at no additional charge.
Returns: EXACT FIT™ covers are made to order and boat specific, therefore they are non-returnable and non-refundable. SELECT FIT™ covers and BIMINI TOPS may be returned within 30 days of the purchase date, for a 25% restocking fee and the cost of return shipping to Vonore, TN. Prior to any shipment return authorization, (RA#), is required and will be given with instructions from customer service. The merchandise must be new, unused, with all packaging in good condition; plus parts and accessories, included. Customer service is available to help you find the correct cover for your boat and they can be reached at 800-835-7992.